It’s finally time to share with all of you the documentary REFUGEE we made for the Annenberg Space for Photography last year, you can find it on Netflix
Newport Beach Film Festival screens REFUGEE documentary on 4/21
We are thrilled to announce that the documentary Refugee we made for Annenberg Space for Photography has been accepted to the Newport Beach Film Festival and will be running as part of the shorts program on 4/21 at 5.45 pm in the Triangle 2
You can purchase tickets here: https://www.newportbeachfilmfest.com/event/refugee/
Foreign Press Association nomination
We are honoured to have been nominated for TV Documentary/Feature Story of the Year for THE PARABLE OF GULNAZ. Congratulations to the whole team.
Thirty years, Thirty stories
Afghanaid’s 30th Anniversary Exhibition and book launch, ’30 years, 30 stories’, featuring photographs by Leslie Knott and a short film by Clementine Malpas, narrated by Channel 4 news presenter Jon Snow. The exhibition will be hosted at Gallery Different and open to the public from Tuesday, 5th November to Saturday, 9th November.
There will be a series of special daytime lectures throughout the week. A program can be found here: www.afghanaid.org.uk/30
Protecting Women’s Rights in Afghanistan
16th October Chatham House will be screening THE PARABLE OF GULNAZ. There will be a discussion by Leslie Knott, Clementine Malpas and Jawad Nader about the position of women in Afghan society. Chaired by Michael Keating.
Recent Tiger Nest Film Screenings & Press
- 4th November 2013 AFGHANAID 30×30 film premier and photo exhibition at Gallery Different in London
- 20th June 2013 THE PARABLE OF GULNAZ airs on Channel 4 News.
- 11th June 2013 DAN RATHER REPORTS: CHILDREN’S SUPPORT CENTRE airs on AXS TV
- 30th May 2013 SPIRIT INDESTRUCTIBLE opens the Women for Afghan Women Gala at Tribeca 360 in New York
- 7th May 2013 DAN RATHER REPORTS: KIM VS KABUL airs on AXS TV
- 10th January 2013 BUZKASHI BOYS nominated for an Academy Award
- 6th November 2012 LIFE AND LOSS OF KAREN WOO nominated for for Grieson Award in ‘Best Documentary on a Contemporary Theme’
- October 2012 THE WAY WE LIVE series was submitted to the UN Fact Finding Mission on Settlements in the oPt
- 1st & 2nd October 2012 HALF THE SKY airs on PBS
- 29 September 2012 NIP TUCK KABUL airs on Channel 4 News
- 20th March 2012 LIFE AND LOSS OF KAREN WOO is nominated for a Royal Television Society Award for ‘Best Documentary’
- 16th February 2012 – OUT OF THE ASHES airs on BBC 2
- 13th December 2011 GIVING LIFE: A RISKY PROPOSITION A SPECIAL 20/20 WITH DIANE SAWYER
- 16th December 2011 Gulnaz released from prison and taken to a women’s shelter in Kabul.
- 1st December 2011 Gulnaz pardoned by Afghan President Hamid Karzai
- 1st December 2011 Article about Afghan rape victim Gulnaz front page of The New York Times
- 29th November Afghan President Hamid Karzai will personally review Gulnaz’s case
- 24th November 2011 Please sign petition to release rape victim Gulnaz from Badham Bagh Prison
- 10th November 2011 Article about Gulnaz front page of The (London) Times
- 1st November 2011 OUT OF THE ASHES wins Grieson Awards in ‘Best New Comer’
- 25th October 2011 WOMEN IN WAR AND PEACE airs on PBS
- 22nd May 2011 LIFE AND LOSS OF KAREN WOO airs on ITV 1
- 2nd December 2010 OUT OF THE ASHES wins Special Jury Prize at the Peace and Sport Awards